Everything in life is based on decisions. You can decide to have free Wifi for all your neighbors or use a complex password and change it periodically.
The decision will make you have a Wi-Fi network with either fairly slow or extremely fast internet. The more people that enter your network, the longer it will take to download.
Not only that, but you should also keep a good password because of the insecurity of leaving your access free. Try to periodically check your router’s security settings so you are aware of what you can do to keep your Wifi protected.
Remember that the speed of your internet and your personal information will remain safe if you make good decisions.
- 1 Managing your Wi-Fi internet
- 2 Related Posts
Managing your Wi-Fi internet
We must learn how to manage our home network, and update and change passwords to avoid future problems or a malicious person using our internet without our consent. What you need to do is to enter directly into your modem/router or through the official website or through some of the available apps that the company has.
Accessing to in home My WiFi panel preferably Arris DG2460, TG2472, TG1682 / Cisco DPC3825, DPQ3925 / Ubee DDW365, DDW366, DVW326
- Go to the URL “https://cox.com/” and “Sign In My Account” to log in.
- Type your “User ID” and “Password”, If for some reason you forgot or cannot log in, you can retrieve your access data at the following URL: “https://www.cox.com/residentia/support/recover-your-cox-user-id-or-reset-your-cox-password.html”.
- On “My Account” in the “Internet” section, click “My wifi”.
- Press “Network Settings” in the center menu.
- Then click “Show Advanced Settings”.
- In the “Wireless Network Name (SSID)” box you can add a new Wi-Fi name.
- Modify your key in the “Wireless Password” field.
- Ends with “Save”.
Connect to Panoramic Wi-Fi App for mobile or phone
- Download and install the “Cox Wifi app”.
- Open it and touch “Sign In” and “Continue”.
- Enter your “User ID” and “Password”.
- Tap “Continue” and “Network” then the “Pencil” icon.
- In “Use different names and passwords for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi” check “no”.
- Modify your “WiFi Name”.
- Fill in a new “WiFi Password”.
- Click “Apply Changes”.
- Press “Close”.
- Launch the IP: “http://192.168.1.0/” or “http://192.168.1.1/” in your favorite browser.
- Supply “admin” for Username or Password field or maybe leave it blank last, if it doesn’t work look at the back of your router on the label and copy your password.
- Choose a Wireless 2.4GHz or 5 GHz section, both can have the same data.
- In “Wireless Network Name (SSID)” modify the Wi-Fi name.
- Add a new wireless passcode in the “Pre-Shared Key”.
- Saves changes.
Netgear Wireless Cable Gateway CG3000D – 1CXNAS
- Open “http://192.168.0.1/” in your address bar.
- Use “admin” for the User name and “password” for the Password box, which are the default passwords.
- Select “Wireless Settings” under “Setup”.
- Set “Name(SSID)” which is the network name and “Passphrase” the Wi-Fi passcode.
- Finally, click “Apply”.
- Here in “http://192.168.0.1/” or “http://192.168.100.1/” in your web browser.
- Set “user” for Username and Password.
- Click the “Wireless” top menu and the “Primary Network” left menu.
- In “Network Name (SSID)” add a new one.
- Modify your Wi-Fi passcode in the “WPA Pre-Shared Key” field.
- Save settings.