The market is flooded every day with electronic devices that need an Internet connection, so the search for free Wifi signals is recurrent in people. It often happens that many people have a free signal from their Wifi network for family and friends to enjoy without any inconvenience.
However, this action is not so recommended. A problem to highlight regarding this issue is that of hackers, since the information you have on the devices you have, can easily be violated to be removed from the devices you use.
Therefore, it is a necessity to protect your Wifi, thus avoiding identity theft and other illegal activities.
- 1 How do I modify my Midcontinent Wi-Fi name and password?
- 2 Related Posts
How do I modify my Midcontinent Wi-Fi name and password?
If you already have your wireless internet installed you need the name (SSID) and password (Network Key), which you can change either by accessing your router/modem directly through the models mentioned at the bottom of this article or by logging into your account on the Midcom home page or from the App at “https://www.midco.com/support/internet/wi-fi/whole-home-wi-fi/”.
From your My Account panel
- Go to “www.midco.com/MyAccount”.
- You need to Log In and enter your “Username” and “Password” if you don’t have them or you forgot them press “Forgot Username/Password?” or “REGISTER”.
- Once you have your data to access click on “Manage” below “Internet”.
- Select your modem and make the changes you want.
NOTE: In case your modem is not found, you will need to log in directly to your router from the modems below.
Using the Wi-Fi App
- Touch “My Wi-Fi” in the app menu.
- Select your “Wi-Fi network”.
- Here you can modify your wireless name in “network name” and your key in “network password”.
Cisco DPC3825 / DPC3828
- Launch the IP: “http://192.168.0.1/” in your web browser.
- Leave the boxes blank “Username” and “Password” and click “Login”.
- In the “Quick setup page” you have the option to modify any of the 2 networks 2.4GHz and 5GHz, it is the same network but in different frequencies, select the one you want.
- Move to the bottom and in “Wireless Network (SSID)” add a new wifi name.
- Type a key in the “Pre-Shared Key” field.
- Finish with “Save Settings”.
- Open the URL: “http://192.168.0.1/”.
- Enter “cusadmin” in Username and “password” in the Password and click “Login”.
- Select “Wireless” in the top menu and then “Basic Settings”.
- In “SSID name” enter a new wireless name and save with “Apply”.
- Tap “WPS & Security” and on the SSID line add a new key.
- End with “Apply”.
- Go to the web address “http://192.168.0.1/”.
- Use “cusadmin” as your Username and your current key in the Password box and press “Login”.
- Touch “Wireless” at the top and select “Basic Settings”.
- For a new network, name-tap 2.4GHz or 5GHz and remove the current one.
- Modify the old key, 5GHz, and 2.4GHz can have the same.
- Finish with “Save Changes”.
Hitron CGNM224 / CGN3RES / CGNMRES
- Launch “http://192.168.0.1/” in your address bar.
- Type “cusadmin” in Username and “password” in the Password field and click “Login”.
- Click “Wireless” in the top menu and later “Basic Settings”.
- The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands are the same you can connect in one as in the other.
- In “Network Name (SSID)” set a wireless name and click “Save Changes”.
- In “Pass Phrase” supply a new pass.
- Then “Save Changes”.
- Open the IP: “http://192.168.0.1/”.
- Fill Username with “cusadmin” and in the Password box use “password” and press “Login”.
- Select “Wireless” then “Radio”, here you can choose the band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, if you change the name and key it has to be the same in both.
- In “Network Name (SSID)” add a wireless name and touch “Save”.
- Tap “Wireless” again and later “Security”, and set a new key.
- End with “Save”.
How to manually reset or reboot the Midco modem?
- Disconnect the black power cable.
- Wait 30 seconds and reconnect it.
- Wait for it to turn on completely and try again if your internet is restored.