The vulnerability in internet navigation is a situation no one wants to be in, as this can:
- Make you prone to cyber theft.
- Slow down your internet connection.
- Give strangers unwitting access to your personal data.
- 1 How do I avoid insecurity in my network?
- 2 Changing and setting up my Wi-Fi name and key
- 3 Security on your Wi-Fi network
- 4 Related Posts
How do I avoid insecurity in my network?
The most effective way to avoid being a victim of insecurity on your wireless is to provide protection by changing your user data and password from time to time, making your network safer and faster.
We invite you to protect your Internet network to avoid being a victim of scams, identity theft, and theft of important data that are handled online.
Changing and setting up my Wi-Fi name and key
It is very important to keep your wireless network secure so you should update your passwords that come pre-installed by default.
Through Cisco Connect software
- Launch “Cisco Connect” software.
- Click “change” below “Router Settings”.
- Accept the warning.
- In the name (SSID) and password field enter new data.
- Press “change”.
- Save changes.
Arris Wireless Modem
- Open the IP: “http://192.168.100.1/” in your browser.
- Supply “admin” in Username and “password” in the Password field then “Apply”.
- Go to “Security settings”.
- In the “Pre-shared key” enter a new Wi-Fi passcode.
- Save settings.
Arris SBG7400AC2 gateway
- Launch the URL: “http://192.168.0.1/” in your address bar.
- Set “admin” for Username and “password” for the Password and click “Apply”.
- Tap on the “BASIC SETUP” left menu.
- In the “Wireless 2.4 GHz” section fill in “Wireless Network Name (SSID)” if needed and the Wi-Fi passcode in the “Pre-Shared Key” box.
- Repeat the previous step to the “Wireless 5 GHz” section.
- Ends with “Apply”.
- Go to the home page: “http://192.168.0.1”.
- Fill in “admin” for Username and “motorola” for the Password and press “Login”.
- Touch the “Wireless” and “Primary Network” left menus.
- In the “Network Name (SSID)” field add a new wireless name.
- Modify your Wi-Fi passcode in the “WPA Pre-Shared Key” box.
- Finally “Apply”.
How can you reset or reboot your RCN Wi-Fi router?
- What you have to do is disconnect the power cable from your modem/router and wait 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds reconnect the cable and wait until the lights stop flashing and everything is on.
- Then try your internet again.
- You have to go to the back of your device and locate a small hole and press it, use a clip or needle for about 15 seconds until the lights start to turn off
- Wait another 15 – 30 seconds until everything turns on normally.
- The access data as user and password will be those that come from the factory.
Security on your Wi-Fi network
Security is very important when it comes to an internet connection because if it gets into unknown hands, we put our personal information at risk.
Disadvantages of not having a secure internet network
- By being a victim of insecurity, we put our information at risk, risking our protection.
- We become responsible for everything that cybercriminal does with our network connection.
- The internet connection becomes slow and unstable.
The best way to protect your Wi-Fi network is to personalize your networks, since this way you make it difficult for unknown people to access them. Security on your internet network is not something to be taken lightly, we invite you to protect it.